1) Butyric acid (Butyrate): When it comes to the bacteria living in our colon, butyrate is their favoured energy source, which may be one of the many reasons it has such a positive effect on intestinal health. Butyric acid has powerful anti-inflammatory effects in the body thanks to its ability to suppress the activity of certain proteins that produce inflammation. In particular, it helps control our inflammatory immune response by regulating inflammation-producing T-cells. Butyric acid has also been shown to be effective at helping reduce gut permeability or "leaky gut," which is a major factor in autoimmune-related digestive disorders like colitis.
- Reduces inflammation in the gut by regulating your immune response. This can help you recover from leaky gut, irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, and bowel cancer.
- feeds your colon cells and protects the cells' lining. This can help keep your large intestine healthy.
- keeps the pH of your gut down. This helps prevent bad bacteria from taking over your gut microbiota because they can't survive in acidic conditions.
- reduces symptoms of digestive infection, keeping mucus production to a minimum and preventing gut cells from dying.
- Helps to prevent the loss of water, sodium, chlorine, and potassium during bouts of diarrhoea.
- Helps to stimulate the growth of new cells in the gut wall, creating a greater surface area for nutrient absorption.
3) Magnesium: Magnesium supplementation can help the body to absorb other minerals such as potassium and zinc in the gut, help to relieve constipation, gas and bloating. Supporting healthy immune system function
4) Calcium: Calcium is a well known chelating agent, binding and neutralising toxins in the gut.
5) Zinc Picolinate: Zinc activates digestive enzymes, ensuring your meal is fully broken down. Zinc also strengthens the barrier of the gut wall, making it an indispensable trace mineral for those with leaky gut.
6) Copper MC: Copper has antibacterial properties which help the good bacteria in your gut fight off the bad bacteria, an important mechanism for maintaining proper flora balance in your digestive system.
Progast Butyric acid capsules, helps in restoring the balance of natural gut flora and gastrointestinal microbiota in patients that suffer from -irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis.
Dosage and Directions for use:
Adults and children 12 years and older:
Take one capsule daily 30 minutes before a meal or as prescribed by a healthcare professional. Dosage can be increased to 1 capsule three times a day or as prescribed by your healthcare practitioner.
SWALLOW WITH A GLASS OF WATER. DO NOT TAKE WITH WARM LIQUIDS. DO NOT OPEN THE CAPSULE.